Vous êtes bienvenus, aventuriers courageux, dans les merveilles sauvages de l'Ouganda, où l'appel de la…
It is so crucial to analyse all requirements prior doing a Gorilla Trekking Booking in Uganda, Rwanda & DRC where these mountain Gorillas reside. But mainly today we talk about Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Minimum Age considered for a trekker to tour or trek these Gentle Giants in their Natural Habitats (Volcanoes National Park). In Rwanda, habituated mountain gorillas do reside in Volcanoes National Park.
The currently considered and accepted age of Gorilla Trekkers in Rwanda at 15 years and more/ above. This implies that children below this age (15 yrs.) are not allowed to get involved in Gorilla Trekking activity that takes place in the Volcanoes National Park.
Why Rwanda gorilla trekking age limit
- Mountain Gorillas almost do share the same Genes as we Human beings, therefore children at times usually carry diseases which are contagious and can easily spread them to these Gentle Giants, so in this way, Rwanda decided to have this minimum age of 15yrs and above to avoid such.
- Sometimes it’s very hard to predict or tell the behaviour of children most especially when near these Gentle Giants/ when they get close & face with them. Some of these uncertain manners may lead or cause these Gentle Giants to charge which is not good at all.
- Basing on the fact that Gorilla Trekking activity sometimes tends to require great effort (strenuous), it can involve hiking & walking long distances in the dark dense forest and mountains in search for these Gentle Giants. It’s without any doubt that children above the age 15yrs are physically fit and strong enough to manage such.
Instances where a child below 15yrs may be allowed to Gorilla Trek in Rwanda
- However, Rwanda Gorilla Trekking minimum age can be re-evaluated if the parents can show prove that this child in question is approaching his or her 15th birth day. That is if only this child/minor is in their late 14th and with enough strength to Gorilla Trek. Of course Parents will be asked details concerning this matter of this child with current photos and passport inclusive.
- Another instance where a child is accepted is when this child does prove maturity and still very physically fit. With such qualities the authorities may decide to let the child Gorilla Trek in the Volcanoes National Park. please contact Monumental Expeditions who will instead contact Uganda Wildlife Authority if it will be possible for your child to trek gorillas and if it is approved, we will let you know.
Rwanda gorilla trekking age limit and gorilla permit price.
In circumstances where a child of age below 15yrs is allowed to Gorilla Trek in Rwanda –you will need to pre-purchase a Rwanda Gorilla Permit for your child (contact monumental expeditions for advice). Let’s not also forget that Rwanda Gorilla Permits cost is the same whether with Children/Minors/adults. A gorilla permit is a licence/card that accepts you to go Gorilla Trek and allowed to spend strictly 1 hr with a given family of habituated Mountain Gorillas in their Natural Habitats (Volcanoes National Park), presently/currently Rwanda’s Gorilla Permit costs $1500, allows you spend 1 hr with the Gentle Giants in Volcanoes National Park.
Since you are aware that you will not be disturbed by Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Age limit issue, you are most times recommended and advised to have your Rwanda Gorilla permit booked prior(4-months) your Gorilla Trekking Tour this is because Rwanda Gorilla permits always do sell out so fast. Monumental Expeditions organizes gorilla and other wildlife and cultural tours to Uganda and Rwanda and once you book an all-inclusive Rwanda gorilla tour, we will make sure that we assist you with booking your Rwanda gorilla permit to enable you enjoy seeing habituated mountain gorillas in their natural habitat.