A Gorilla permit is a license/ticket/document issued to the traveler/trekker above 15yrs allowing him or her to tour/trek mountain Gorillas in their natural habitats or any of the 3 habitats. (Bwindi impenetrable National park(Uganda), Volcanoes National park found in Rwanda and Mgahinga National park located in Uganda. Gorilla trekking is an exciting/thrilling activity done in only and mainly in these three countries (Uganda, Rwanda and DR Congo).
When should one book a Gorilla Permit
One is usually advised to book a Gorilla permit at least 5 months earlier or prior to your visit and in the process pay the Gorilla permit fee in advance so that it can easily be gotten for you. Only when you have a Gorilla permit can you involve yourself in the Gorilla trekking activity. During dry/peak seasons of June, July, August, September, December and February, Gorilla permits in Uganda and Rwanda become scarce and highly competed for that’s why you are advised to book your permits earlier 3-4 months in advance.
Cost of a Gorilla Permit (Uganda & Rwanda)
The rate/cost of Uganda Gorilla permit through -Uganda Wildlife Authority headquarters goes $600 per person (Foreign Non- residents), $500 (foreign residents), Ugx 250,000 (East African citizens) and the Gorilla Habituation Experience permit is $1500.Rwanda permits prices for Volcanoes Gorilla National Park at a rate of $1500 for all above 15yrs of age throughout the year (through Rwanda Development Board offices in Kigali or Ruhengeri) and the Gorilla Habituation Experience permit is $1500.
Facts or Actualities about the Gorilla permit
- It determines the region or section in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park where you will trek mountain gorillas (gentle giants) from.
- It also includes and indicates where you are going to stay for all your tour time(Accommodation).
- It also specifies which section you are to be, for instance, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park has many sections with each having its own Gorilla Groups or families and accommodation properties like Buhoma in the North, Ruhija in the East, Rushaga & Nkuringo in the south,
- These permits are non-refundable once cancelled, this is because much as there could be a high demand of permits it may not suite the clients in terms of accommodation (where to stay)
- Since each region has its own Gorilla group, for those wanting to trek in these regions you should let Monumental Expeditions Safaris know so that it can act perfectly well and early while booking your Gorilla permit.
Procedures of how to get a Gorilla Permit,
- Send Us Monumental Expeditions Safaris the tour company your passport details which are needed by the Uganda Wildlife Authority for verification in order to issue your Gorilla Permit out and in time.
- Contact us with your right date and month you feel like exploring or venturing in Uganda or Rwanda for the exhilarating Gorilla trekking activity, then we shall check for the Gorilla permits available and inform you. And make you know still in time
- We shall send you an invoice, transfer the funds then onto our company account, pre-purchase your permits and then send you back scanned copies.