Uganda safaris,Uganda Wildlife tours,Gorilla Uganda Safaris
Uganda is one of the best safari destinations in Africa, it shelters almost half of the population of mountain gorillas in the world as well as the source of the Nile. Recently highlighted a top place in National Geographic and Lonely Planet, Uganda safaris cover more than 10 separate places. Daily here is honestly an African venture. Tour the 400 mountain gorillas residing in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in what is renown as the ‘Gorilla trekking experience’, climbing of the ice covered Rwenzori mountains, embark on a Chimpanzee tracking safaris, relish the white water rafting on the Nile, spot and hike on the Murchison falls to mention but a few as you watch and notice Uganda’s lovely wonders like the Savannah, Wildlife, Lakes and Rivers and also personally interface with the native people of Uganda. The selections/choices are limitless. You will almost spot all the animals you located in the neighboring countries like Tanzania & Kenya, the variance is, Uganda is not a congested destination. A faultless way to spy on these mammals.
Why Must You Choose a Safari to Uganda?
Uganda has a variety to present or give to all the people who come to tour in this beautiful country. It has gotten the biggest lake on the African continent, ‘Lake Victoria’ highlighting its lovely and blissful islands which offer you a spectacular resting place after a long tour. Lessen under a tree on the sandy beaches along the mighty Equator and incline in weather with temperatures of about 22℃ year in and year out, this is the perfect weather for a vacation even in the existence of the 2 rainy seasons.
As you spot the snow covered Rwenzori mountains that protrude over most of Western Uganda, are the rain forests and the Jungles not spotted in any other country within East African corridor. You can catch Fish at the bottom of Murchison Falls of about 150 kilogram Nile Perch which are difficult to capture elsewhere. Wherever you transfer the green vegetation presents a splendid scenery and this is referred to as the “Evergreen Country” of Africa. A total of tourists have referred to it as ‘Africa’s Banana Republic’, not due to its kind of government but due to the innumerable types of Bananas found in the country. Uganda cultivates more bananas than all other world countries apart from India. Uganda has 506 conserved forest reserves wrapping 6.3% of the total area in Uganda. While on Uganda tours, taste a total of local fruits and you’ll get the pineapples here is unmatched in favor, furthermore you can eat the nice, juicy, mangoes, papaya which taste very nice fruity they are full of favor and also make sure not to miss out on the Jack fruit, the nearest thing to honey in any fruit.
What to Sight/spot On Safari to Uganda?
Beautiful, stunning sighting of the gentle giants (Mountain Gorillas), Chimpanzees and other Wildlife living in their natural territory all in a safe environment. Uganda offers the Big 5 animals worth spotting on your tour to Uganda. Out of the 330 mammal line to spot on Uganda Safaris, there is no critically endangered species, while 7 are endangered, 2 vulnerable and 17 closely susceptible. Furthermore, the wild animals such as the lions, zebras, giraffe, rhino, buffalo, etc., you can choose to tour the Murchison Falls National Park, or embark on white water rafting on the Nile, tour cultural and historic sites or take on bungee jumping to mention but a few on your venture trails. There is so much to spot and do while on Uganda safaris. This is probably the most plenty countries across Africa, in a huge totals of areas it’s possible to harvest as many as 3 crops every year, in the south eastern areas close to Rwanda, the recently cultivated apple trees are producing 2 crops year in year out. Coffee in plenty and the best mountain cultivated Arabica beans, as well abundance of Robusta beans presents the source for the majority of prompt coffee and cola drinks in the western world.
Where to Stay On a Safari to Uganda?
Most travelers wonder where they are going to stay looks like, National Park lodges average from Budget to 5 Star amenities, all set to pamper every single need throughout your stay within this African Wild. Stay in lodges, or tented camps set in traditional design, or the lovely bandas, relish the delicious meals carefully prepared by their professional chefs. In Kampala before you set off for your tour, you can check in at Serena Hotel Kampala, Cassia Lodge, to mention but a few. In every lure location you will find where to stay that suits your very needs. In Bwindi, you will find the luxury Mahogany Springs, Clouds lodge and Gorilla Forest Camp. In Murchison Falls, you will locate the Chobe Uganda Safaris Lodge. Luxury Mweya Safari Lodge is a good choice for tourists to Queen Elizabeth National Park. In Buhoma alone where Uganda tours centering on gorilla tracking is done, there are 15 accommodation choices include Volcanoes safari lodge, Silver back lodge, Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp, Buhoma Community rest camp, to mention but a few.
How Much Does a Safari to Uganda Cost?
Well at present a Uganda gorilla permit costs $600 per person per trek but as of 1st July 2020 its will go for $ 700. Accommodation averages from $150- $900 reliant on where you propose to stay. Therefore, roughly considering a simple 3 Day tour to Bwindi Impenetrable rating it at approximately $1200 per person, that should be the cheapest. Other destinations such as Murchison falls National Park and Queen Elizabeth National Park could rate about $1000 for budget tour travelers. In case you are planning to transfer with other people, the rate is amazingly reduced. If they are 2 of you, it’s probable to save over $300 on a 3 Day Safari.
Uganda Safari Destinations
Safaris in Uganda can be such a spoiler from the many choices you have to discover. Gorilla Tracking tours are a must do once you reach here. The stunning vegetation and scenery will just leave you in wonder. It is a very common manifestation yet breathe taking spot to sight Mountain gorillas and chimpanzees interacting in their natural homes, the nearness of their activities to human activities is just a confirmation of their close similitude to human life. Whether your comforts are Chimpanzees, Gorilla Tour, Game viewing, bird sighting, primates, white water rafting, mountain climbing, spot fishing, bungee jumping or cultural encounters, Uganda has got you concealed and still holds most of Africa most valued secrets.
Where to go while on a safari to Uganda?
- Murchison Falls Safari, where you will experience the famous Murchison falls when the Victoria Nile powerfully forces its way via a narrow fissure as it thrusts 43 m down with a thunderous roar. These falls form the centre piece and this is the most toured.
- Chimpanzee Trekking Uganda Safari, human’s closest living creatures/relatives-the Chimpanzees which share 98% of human genes. Throughout Africa they are sighted in 21 countries however they are better spotted in Uganda due to their vast populace. Kibale forest is a very good shelter which houses these endangered species and boosts chimpanzee tracking safaris however Uganda safari chimps can also be spotted in Budongo forest in Murchison Falls national park plus the Kyambura Gorge in Queen Elizabeth national park.
- Queen Elizabeth National Park, Uganda’s most scenic and toured game reserve. A huge diversity of habitats involving the savannah grassland mixed with several kinds of trees and grassy plains as well as various swamps and volcanic features which involve volcanic cones and deep craters and tropical rain forest give the park its distinctive appearance. Queen Elizabeth National park is the perfect place to view large game, go bird watching along the Kazinga channel, and track chimpanzees in the Kyambura Gorge as well as the famous tree climbing lions in Ishasha section.
- Kidepo Valley National park.Though remote, but this park is a true hunk of Uganda’s nature with great savannah landscapes and intensifying mountains in its contextual. It has an area coverage of 1,442 km 2, an altitude of 900-2750 m. The population of tourists here per day (an average of 6 visitors on a daily basis) and the only park left in the continent where you have high chances of having the park to yourself.
- Lake Mburo national park.This is among the list of one of Uganda’s smallest wildlife parks enriched with Wild game. Bountiful of bird life, more than 315 various bird species, a rich animal life (68 various mammals like impala, leopards, buffalo, jackals and hyenas to sight on a Uganda tour. And the only destination to find Zebras.
- Sipi falls Uganda safari.This is debatably the most exquisite chain of waterfalls in Uganda desk-bound/seated in the foothills of Mt. Elgon as they oversee a huge plain. These falls contain 3 levels all with appalling prettiness though the 95 m main drop attracts more tourists to this place and more to that. Having a night or two in this stunning but serene place is an experience you cannot manage to miss.
- Bwindi Impenetrable forest. Debatably the most biologically assorted destination on earth, with half of the only remaining populace of endangered mountain gorillas in the world, Bwindi impenetrable forest is a must go place once in Africa. This Africa’s gem was acknowledged by UNESCO as a world heritage site mainly for its biological implication
- Rwenzori mountains.This imposing range of mountains is situated on the border between Uganda and DR Congo. Its highest snow covered peak Margherita stands at a height of 5109 m. It bounces to about 110 km in length, includes an astounding series of landscapes, from the peculiar Afro-alpine moorland to the thick tropical rain forest on the lower slopes and lastly the glaciers at the highest reaches.
And so many other destinations or places, the list is endless like Ssese Islands, Lake Bunyonyi, Lake Mutanda, Semuliki National Park, Mt. Elgon National Park, etc. Not only that but also encourage travelers who come to tour Uganda also go to other East African destinations for tours and trips. Remarkably Rwanda tours are favored for a double Gorilla trek in 2 different East African Tour countries i.e. Uganda and Rwanda. Other travelers chain their Ugandan tour with safaris to Tanzania, Kenya, Rwanda and Congo.